If you rely on oxygen therapy for a respiratory condition, like COPD or asthma, a DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator is one of many reliable brands of the oxygen concentrator that provide consistent performance and is easy to use. However, like all machines, you may run into occasional issues. So, use this troubleshooting guide to resolve problems without having to contact a technician.
Why Would My DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator Stop Working?
Oxygen concentrators, like all machines, do also require regular maintenance to ensure lasting performance. If you do not follow maintenance guidelines, your DeVilbiss may then start to have problems.
If you are diligent with maintenance requirements and still experience issues, your DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator may be nearing the end of its life cycle. Most oxygen concentrators provide reliable performance for at least 4 to 7 years. With upkeep, they may last longer. Troubleshooting is your first step in determining if your problem can be solved without technical support.
Safety Tips for DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator
Along with maintenance, safety is also important. You should follow certain guidelines to prevent accidents related to your DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator:
- Avoid smoking around your oxygen concentrator
- Keep your oxygen concentrator dry
- Store your oxygen concentrator in a well-ventilated area
- Be sure to use the correct oxygen tubing with your machine
- Keep back up batteries on hand in the event of a power outage
- Learn about your DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator by reading your owner’s manual
DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator Power Light “Off” When Switched “On”
Causes and Solution
- Your power cord is not properly in the wall — check to make sure the unit is in the wall properly to supply power.
- You also have no power from the selected wall outlet — check the power in your home to ensure the wall outlet is working or try a different outlet.
- The oxygen concentrator circuit breaker is activated — press the oxygen concentrator reset button under the power switch. Turn your oxygen concentrator back on and see if the power light comes on.
Audible Alert and Red Light in DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator
Causes and Solution
- Air filter has blockage– check for a dirty air filter and replace it if necessary. Then, follow your manual for filter replacement.
- The exhaust is blocked — make sure the exhaust area is unobstructed.
- The mask, cannula, or tubing is defective — check your mask, cannula, or tubing to see if there is any damage that may be causing the issue. Replace with a different mask, cannula or tubing if you discover damage.
- Flow meter is set too low — set your flow meter to your prescribed flow rate.
- The humidifier bottle defective — clean your humidifier bottle or also replace with a new one.
Intermediate Audible Alert and Red Service Light in DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator
Causes and Solution
- Your flow meter is not properly set — check to ensure that your flow meter is set to the prescribed setting provided by your doctor.
- The air filter has blockage — check to make sure that the air filter area is unobstructed. You may also check to make sure that the air filter needs replacing if it is dirty. Follow your manual for replacing your air filter.
- The exhaust is blocked — make sure the exhaust area of the oxygen concentrator is unobstructed.
Miscellaneous Problems with The DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator
While many issues with your oxygen concentrator may be easily solved, there is always the chance that your unit needs repair or replacement.
If you find that other problems are occurring with your DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator that you can not resolve, then switch to your reserve oxygen supply and turn your unit off. Contact the manufacturer for repair or replacement. Be sure to check to see if your unit is still currently under the manufacturer’s warranty.
Where Can I Buy a DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator?
You can shop for DeVilbiss oxygen concentrators at The Oxygen Concentrator Supplies Store. We offer the DeVilbiss Oxygen Concentrator along with other major brands. Additionally, our knowledgeable staff is happy to help you with any questions, troubleshooting, or selecting a new machine. Call us at 888-941-1688!