The myAIRVO 2 Humidifier System delivers airway hydration and respiratory support with a design that focuses on comfort and ease of use. It was created specifically to be an integrated solution for delivering nasal high flow with Optiflow. It also includes 3 temperature settings to achieve comfort and compliance. Additionally, cleaning and maintenance of this device is simple. Maintaining the myAIRVO 2 ensures lasting performance, comfort and health for patients.
How to Clean the myAIRVO 2
The myAIRVO 2 humidifier must be cleaned and disinfected regularly for healthy use. It is particularly important that the outlet elbow at the heated breathing tube connection port is cleaned and disinfected properly. Start by cleaning the outlet and exterior surfaces with recommended cleaning agents, then wipe to remove any residue.
Fisher & Paykel myAIRVO 2 Humidifier System - Cleaning Steps
- Remove any physical debris from the outlet elbow (Between the right hand chamber port and the heated breathing tube connection port.) You can use the cleaning sponge stick or a damp disposable cloth with warm water and a mild detergent. The cleaning sponge stick is recommended.
- Then, wipe down the outside surfaces of the humidifier using a damp disposable cloth.
How To Clean with The Cleaning Sponge Stick
- Dip the cleaning sponge stick in a solution of warm water and mild detergent.
- Thoroughly clean the outlet elbow from both ends, continuously rotating the sponge stick.
- Make sure to remove all organic debris.
- Rinse the cleaning sponge stick under running water and then use the same rotating action to remove any residue from the outlet elbow.
- Discard the cleaning sponge stick.
How To Disinfect the Fisher & Paykel myAIRVO 2 Humidifier System
- Connect the red disinfection tube to the myAIRVO 2.
- Fit the blue filter to the right hand chamber port.
- Start the disinfection cycle by holding the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds until the unit beeps.
- The unit will first go through a series of calibration checks for about 2 minutes, during which a warm-up symbol will be displayed on screen.
- After a successful calibration the disinfection cycle begins and runs for 55 minutes.
How To Replace the Humidifier System Filter
To replace the filter, remove the filter cover from the back of the machine and then replace the old filter with a new one. Re-attach the filter cover to the machine. Press the MODE button until you see “Replace Now” and then press the up button to select “Now”. Confirm by pressing the MODE button. You can also find filters for replacement on The Oxygen Concentrator Supplies Shop website.
Benefits Of myAIRVO 2 Humidifier System Maintenance
Regular maintenance of this humidifier ensures healthy usage and lasting performance of the unit. Disinfection and cleaning prevents germs and bacteria from growing in the moist humidifier environment. Minimizing germs helps prevent infections and also helps the overall performance of the humidifier by reducing debris which can clog ports.
Why Purchase from The Oxygen Concentrator Supplies Shop?
You can search online for the humidifier from the comfort of your own home. You can find the myAIRVO 2 at The Oxygen Concentrator Supplies Shop. Our knowledgeable staff is ready to answer any questions about maintenance and cleaning. Give us a call at 888-941-1688.