Caire FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator
- AutoDose feature for safety
- CAIRE view wireless connection technology
- Up to 16-hours of battery life
Caire FreeStyle® Comfort™ Portable Oxygen Concentrator - Overview
Caire FreeStyle Comfort™ Portable Oxygen Concentrator Witness the ergonomically-designed portable oxygen concentrator that rests perfectly against the patient's body’s natural curves, making it highly comfortable to use. The unit weighs only 6 lbs when equipped with its batteries. Batteries are easy to replace. The concentrator meets FAA guidelines for in-flight use during commercial air flights, allowing you to extend your outdoor stay.
The award-winning FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator delivers oxygen in 5 different pulse dose settings, from 210mL per minute to 1,050mL per minute. This device also offers a large, easy-to-read LCD display for battery status, alarm notifications, and oxygen settings.
Caire FreeStyle® Portable Oxygen Concentrator - Comfort Key Features
The Caire FreeStyle Comfort Portable oxygen concentrator is one of the lightest POC available in the market. Weighing only 5 pounds with the standard battery and a pound extra with the optional extended battery. The standard battery for the Caire FreeStyle Comfort offers a battery life of 8 hours and the extended battery provides an extra 8 hours with a total of 16 hours of battery life.
Living up to its name, the Freestyle Comfort oxygen concentrator is ergonomically designed to be a comfortable companion wherever you go. The contoured shape allows the device to rest against the user’s body with ease. To make travel even easier, the Caire Freestyle Comfort comes with a shoulder strap and carrying bag to ensure your device is secure and protected.
In addition to its sleek design, the Caire Freestyle Comfort concentrator offers users an easy-to-use interface and full-color display. Minimal controls take the guesswork out of using your portable oxygen concentrator, while the display makes the current status of your device easy to read.
FreeStyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator - UltraSense Technology
The FreeStyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator features a sensitive breath detection technology called UltraSense, which delivers oxygen to you when you need it. The Caire FreeStyle Comfort also includes a “No Breath Alert” system which tells the machine to start auto pulsing oxygen.
Caire FreeStyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator - Battery Duration & Power
The Caire FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator comes standard with an 8-cell battery. Depending on your oxygen settings, the battery will provide between 2 hours (pulse dose setting 5) and 8 hours (pulse dose setting 1) of use. As an optional purchase, an extended 16-cell battery is available that will double the life of your concentrator. The battery duration chart (shown here) provides a complete breakdown of approximate usage hours for both batteries.
Removing the battery is simple—each battery pack snaps into place and can be removed by holding down the battery release button and sliding the pack out. Prior to using your device for the first time, be sure to charge the battery fully. The battery can be charged by plugging your Caire FreeStyle Comfort into an AC or DC power source while the battery is installed. A plug icon will appear on the display screen to let you know the device is plugged in and charging. Recharge time takes approximately 3.5 hours for the standard battery and 6 hours for the extended battery.
In addition to the standard battery, the FreeStyle Comfort portable oxygen concentrator comes with both AC and DC power supplies. Be sure to plug your device into a known, working electrical outlet. If external power is not available or is interrupted for any reason, the concentrator will automatically start using the battery as a backup power source.
Caire FreeStyle Portable Oxygen Concentrator - Additional Features
- 1-5 Pulse Flow settings
- Miniature frame for easy portability
- Ergonomically designed to increase comfort
- The long-lasting battery life of up to 4 hours with a standard 8-cell battery pack
- Sensitive breath detection with UltraSense® technology
- The long-lasting battery life of up to 4 hours with a standard 8-cell battery pack
- Advanced oxygen delivering and monitoring with AutoDOSE safety feature
- Ease of access with a convenient user interface
- LCD for better interaction
- Glow-in-the-dark keypad
- Better after-sales service with wireless connectivity to CLAREview telehealth solution
- Easy to travel with shoulder strap, carrying bag or backpack
- FAA approved for usage in flights.
It is FAA Approved for usage during flights, cruise ships, and other forms of transportation.
Caire FreeStyle Comfort - In the Box
- Caire FreeStyle® Comfort® Portable Oxygen Concentrator
- Carrying Case
- DC Cord & AC Cord
- User Manual & 3 Year Warranty
- Battery (Standard or Extended, selected at checkout)
- 5 Oxygen Nasal Cannula
FreeStyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator - Additional Accessories
- Additional battery pack comes in two sizes - 16 cell and 8 cell battery pack
- Desktop Battery Charger
How To Avoid Alarms & Troubleshooting While Using Caire FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator?
The Caire FreeStyle Comfort has 13 system alarms to warn users that something may be wrong with their device. These alarms include no breath detection, external power failure, high/low operating temperature, and overall system failure. Each alarm will sound on the device, as well as display an icon on the display screen. Consult your user manual for troubleshooting, or give our customer care team a call if the problem persists.
How to Use the Caire FreeStyle Portable Oxygen Concentrator?
- Locate and place the FreeStyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator in a well-ventilated area making sure not to block the air intake filters or the air outlet.
- The FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen concentrator should be located so that you can clearly see and hear the auditory and visual signs and warnings.
- Before running the unit, make sure the air intake filters are in place. Ask the equipment supplier if the device does not have a filter installed.
- Place the battery pack in the concentrator.
- Align the battery in the middle of the FreeStyle Comfort with the bottom housing
- To ensure that it is locked in place, slide the battery inwards till you hear a sound.
- On the front, lower right side of the unit, plug the AC or DC power supply into the power port receptacle.
- Link the oxygen outlet with a nasal cannula. Before using, ensure the connection has a good seal.
- Press the power button to turn on the FreeStyle Comfort and use the increase (+) or decrease (-) flow buttons to choose your prescribed flow configuration. To indicate the system has been turned on, a brief audible sound will be made by the device.
- Read the manufacturer's instructions before putting on the nasal cannula. You should be able to breathe normally. When you inhale, you will experience a puff of oxygen transmitted through the nasal cannula.
- Click the increase (+) or decrease (-) flow buttons to the desired flow rate to adjust the flow rate. If you modify the flow settings, it is common to hear a change in sound. These changes should not be performed unless first cleared by your physician.
- When ready to turn off the FreeStyle Comfort, push the power button again.
How to Clean and Maintain Caire FreeStyle Comfort?
To get the most out of your prescribed oxygen therapy, it is important to properly care for your device and regularly clean and replace parts as necessary. The Caire FreeStyle Comfort oxygen concentrator can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth sprayed with a mild detergent or disinfectant. Be sure that the unit is unplugged prior to cleaning and completely dry before plugging back in.
Once a week, it is recommended to clean the air intake filters, which are located at the bottom of the front panel of the concentrator. Once removed, wash the filters thoroughly with warm water and mild detergent. Let them air dry completely prior to reinserting them into the concentrator. Nasal cannulas and oxygen tubing should be inspected regularly for dirt/wear & tear and replaced every three to six months.
If your device stops working, please contact our customer care team to help troubleshoot the issue. Any attempted repairs of internal damage will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
Caire FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator Parts
- Caire FreeStyle Comfort Desktop Battery Charger$299.00Out of stock
- Caire FreeStyle Comfort Backpack$120.00