Precision Medical EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator (TOC)
- Both continuous flow and pulse dose options
- Lightweight–only 11.5 lbs!
- 3 hours of duration with each battery
- Convenient fold-up cart
Precision Medical EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator is the perfect balance of mobile and stationary oxygen delivery. It delivers continuous flow and pulse dose all in the same unit that weighs less than 11.5 pounds.
Precision Medical EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator - Features
Low Cost Of Ownership In Precision Medical Easypulse
Precision Medical EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator is designed in a way that it can intelligently deliver pulse flow and continuous oxygen. Its innovative design allows for mobility at only 11.5 pounds. It provides all your oxygen requirements in one system. The EasyPulse TOC lowers the cost of ownership and helps to reduce costly cylinder deliveries.
Sensitive Breath Detection
Patients receive oxygen therapy in the first third of the inspiratory phase with the help of the Controlled Minute Volume (CMV). This delivery system reduces the amount of skipped breaths and ensures that the oxygen pulse is delivered in the early stages quickly.
Precise Low Flow Settings
Patients can carry the EasyPulse TOC if they require oxygen therapy while flying. It is designed with continuous flow settings for patients who need precise low flow settings. It comes with a humidifier for the oxygen concentrator but it can be used without humidification as well.
Precision Medical Easypulse - Simple To Use
The device is very simple to use. It has one knob to set the oxygen flow to pulse mode or continuous mode. The TOC can be attached to a convenient fold-up cart with adjustable handles and oversized wheels. The cart and the TOC fit easily under the seat of an airline and is FAA approved. Batteries will last more than 3 hours, perfect for short flights. Extra batteries will extend patient mobility time.
Alarm Features of Precision Medical Easypulse TOC
EasyPulse TOC comes with alarms that indicate high breath rate, low oxygen, low battery, no breath detected and blocked cannula. These alarms are built into the device as safeguards. The machine will work reliably up to 10,000 feet so that you can enjoy, travel and maintain an active, independent life while on oxygen.
EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator - In The Box
- The Concentrator EzasyPulse TOC PM4400
- AC Power Supply
- AC Power Cord
- DC Power Cord
- Extended Battery
- Accessory Bag
- User Manual
How to Use Precision Medical EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator?
Checking for Proper Operation:
- Connect the nasal cannula to the Total Oxygen Concentrators Oxygen Outlet Fitting.
- Pick 2 L/min Continuous to switch on the Total Oxygen Concentrator.
- Make sure you hear a beep as you turn the Control Knob.
- Check that the Battery Indicator LEDs indicate the battery's status level.
- Check that the Continuous Mode LEDs are turned on.
- Gas can freely flow into the nasal cannula. The flow of gas through the prongs of the nasal cannula should be audible or palpable.
Make a hand waving motion in front of the prongs. Check the cannula connections for leakage if you don't see the gas flowing.
Step 1. Decide whether you want to use an AC power supply, a DC power cord, or a battery.
- For connection directions for the AC Power Supply, see Charging Battery with AC Power Supply in the manufacturer's user manual.
- For DC Power Cord linking instructions, see Charging Battery with DC Power Cord in the manufacturer's user manual.
- Before use, check the battery status (level) and charge as required for battery service. Original charging and mounting directions can be found on the battery's back sticker. Ascertain that the battery is completely charged using an AC power supply.
Step 2. If running the Total Oxygen Concentrator in PULSE mode:
- Connect the end of a normal adult single lumen oxygen nasal cannula with a maximum length of 7 feet (2.1 m) to the Total Oxygen ConcentratorOxygen Outlet Fitting while using the device in PULSE mode.
- Check the oxygen concentrator for visual damage before using it; if it is broken, do not use it.
- When using the oxygen concentrator, make sure the battery is completely charged.
- Do not use the EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator without the Air Inlet Filter or when the Air Inlet Filter is damp to avoid damage to the machine.
- The Control Knob does not spin in a 360-degree circle. The unit would be damaged if you turn the knob past the stops. Starting at the OFF (12 o'clock) position:
- For 1 to 5 Pulse Settings, rotate counter-clockwise.
- Rotate 1/8 to 2 L/min clockwise Setups for Continuous Flow
- There is no flow between the settings.
- Swap the Battery with a charged battery or link the oxygen concentrator to an AC or DC power supply when the Battery is down (red light).
- Make sure the Total Oxygen Concentrator's inlet and exhaust vents are visible before turning it on. The output of the vents can be hampered by some blockage.
- If pulse mode is chosen, do not use a humidifier bottle; excessive use of oxygen can irritate the nasal passageways.
- Attach the end of a normal adult single lumen oxygen nasal cannula with a maximum length of 30 feet (9.1 m) to the device's Oxygen Outlet Fitting while using the TOC in Continuous Mode.
Step 3. If running the TOC in Continuous Mode:
- Attach the TOC's Oxygen Outlet Fitting to the end of a normal adult single lumen oxygen nasal cannula with a maximum length of 30 feet (9.1 m).
- NOTE: Precision Medical, Inc. recommends the PM500 Disposable Humidifier if using a humidifier bottle.
- Attach tubing from the device Oxygen Outlet Fitting to Humidifier Bottle Inlet Fitting with tubing adaptor P/N 508333.
- Attach the humidifier bottle outlet fitting to the cannula.
- Step 4. As directed by your Equipment Provider or cannula maker, place the cannula over your ears and the prongs in your nose.
- NOTE: The amount of oxygen supplied to the patient is dependent on the correct location and orientation of the nasal cannula prongs in the nose.
Step 5. Pick the configuration for your prescribed flow and mode of service to switch on the TOC.
- To choose a “PULSE” setting, turn the Control Knob to the left, and to the right to choose a “CONTINUOUS” setting.
Step 6. Take a normal breath through your nose. When using the TOC in PULSE mode, each time the TOC detects an inhalation, a measured pulse of oxygen is provided. The Pulse Mode LEDs will momentarily switch off any time the TOC detects an inhalation to indicate that it is triggering properly.
- If you use the TOC in CONTINUOUS mode, you'll get a calculated continuous supply of oxygen. The Continuous Mode LEDs would be on all the time to demonstrate that the unit is in CONTINUOUS mode.
Step 7. Click the OFF button to turn the device off.
Cleaning, Care, and Maintenance of Total Oxygen Concentrator
- Turn off the device, unplug all external power outlets, and uninstall the battery before washing.
- You should not try to disassemble or restore. On the inside, there are no user-serviceable components. For assistance, contact the provider and/or a healthcare professional.
- Cleaners should not be sprayed or applied directly to the case.
- No liquids should be included inside the case.
- Do not disinfect the device with harsh or flammable chemicals.
- Wait until the device is fully dry before running it.
- Do not use the oxygen concentrator without the inlet filter or when the inlet filter is damp to avoid damage to the oxygen concentrator.
Perform cleaning as needed:
- The patient should be connected to a different supply of oxygen.
- On the Total Oxygen Concentrator, choose the OFF button.
- Before washing, unplug the external power supply and uninstall the charger.
- Wipe off the unit's outer surfaces with a wet rag dipped in mild detergent.
- Wipe the Precision Medical EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator's body and let it air dry.
Note: When not in service, keep the device in a safe, clean environment free of grease, tar, and other contaminants.
- Remove the inlet filter from the Precision Medical EasyPulse Total Oxygen Concentrator .
- Use a gentle detergent to clean the filter. Enable to dry entirely after rinsing vigorously with water.
- When the filter is completely dry, press it back into the shell, with just the tiny tab protruding.