What are the pros and cons of the different styles of nebulizers?
Home Jet Nebulizer:
- Pros: Inexpensive, durable, inexpensive replaceable parts.
- Cons: Bigger, louder, no battery backup and only operates while plugged into an outlet.
Portable Jet Nebulizer:
- Pros: Extremely portable, lightweight, may have accessories to use in car and battery option, quiet, smaller, replaceable parts may be less expensive.
- Cons: Accessories may be additional costs; if it uses lithium battery you should make sure to follow instructions properly.
- Pros: Extremely quiet operation, noise will not disturb when using at night or at work, creates smaller particles which go deeper inside the lungs, treatment times are typically faster, great for infants as the noise will not scare them, less wasted medicine.
- Cons: May be more expensive upfront, Mesh Caps can be costly to replace.