Pacifica Elite Nebulizer
- Ultra-Compact Design
- Piston Pump Compressor.
- Consistent Particle Size.
- 5-Year Warranty
The Pacifica Elite Nebulizer from Drive Medical is a lightweight, ultra-compact piston nebulizer that delivers efficient treatment for respiratory illnesses. Weighing in at less than 5 pounds, the Pacifica can be taken anywhere. Though compact, this nebulizer is extremely efficient, delivering consistent particle sizes for deep penetration into the lungs. Treatment times may vary, depending on the amount of prescribed medication.
How Does the Pacifica Elite Nebulizer Work?
The Drive Medical Pacifica Elite Nebulizer comes equipped with nebulizer tubing, a mouthpiece, and an optional face mask. If prescribed to children under the age of 6, using a face mask is recommended. Connect your tubing to the compressor base on one end and the medicine cup on the other. Place the prescribed amount of liquid medication into the cup and close it. Attach the mouthpiece or the face mask to the medicine cup and turn the device on. After a few seconds, a fine mist will begin. Place the mouthpiece firmly between your teeth and breathe slowly through your mouth.
When treatment is complete, the device will make a sputtering sound. Turn it off and disconnect the nebulizer. Rinse the medicine cup for at least 30 seconds under hot water to remove any excess medication. Allow components to fully dry before reusing or storing. Disinfect daily and rinse after each use.
A nebulizer is considered the optimum mode of treatment to quickly and effectively get a prescription medication to the lungs. A few patients, in particular very young children, can find it challenging to use. An optional aerosol mask may be used in this case. Please contact your doctor or The Oxygen Concentrator Supplies Shop to ensure that the right mask is used. The patient's breathing rhythm during the inhalation of the medication mist is the most significant feature of the procedure. The treatment should be steady and deep, so the child should make a substantial effort to sit up straight and breathe deeply.
How to Use the Pacifica Elite Nebulizer?
- Before each treatment check for damage or wear of the compressor and nebulizer cup. Replace as needed.
- Place the compressor on a table or other stable flat surface. Make sure that it is convenient to the seated patient.
- Plug in the power cord to a suitable electric wall outlet with the power switch at the O (OFF) location.
- Attach a tube to the end of the air-outlet adapter of the compressor.
- Assemble the nebulizing cup and add the drug to the nebulizing cup.
- Attach the other end of the hose to the air-inlet connector (situated at the base of the nebulizer cup).
- Press the power switch to position I (ON) and launch treatment. Turn on the compressor.
- If you have to stop your treatment, just click the O-position control button.
- After finishing the procedure, turn the compressor off and detach the unit from the electrical outlet by pressing the power switch to the O (OFF) position.
- Immediately after use, unplug the unit.
How To Clean & Maintain Pacifica Elite Nebulizer?
Refer to the User Manual for complete cleaning instructions. To disinfect, soak nebulizer pieces in a mixture of white vinegar and hot water.
The Pacifica Elite Nebulizer also comes with replaceable filters. Do not use the device without these filters in place. Inspect them regularly and do not use them if damaged, discolored, or wet. Filters should be replaced approximately every six months. The filter cap is located on the top panel of the Pacifica, next to the air outlet port.
The Drive Medical Pacifica also comes with a 5-year manufacturer warranty to protect against any faulty or defective components. If you need assistance with filing a claim, contact our knowledgeable customer care team.
How to Disinfect the Pacifica Elite Nebulizer Parts Daily?
- Using a sterile bowl and a mixture of warm water and white vinegar in a ratio of 3:1, soak the nebulizer parts (not the compressor) for 30 minutes. Or you can use a bacterial-germicidal medicinal disinfectant to soak the parts.
- Remove all the nebulizer components from the disinfectant solution and scrub them under hot tap water. Air dry on a clean towel. Store in a bag with a ziplock. Do not towel-dry the nebulizer parts as contamination may occur.
- Prepare a fresh solution for each cleaning cycle to avoid the possibility of contamination.
- Keep the tubing's exterior surface dust-free by wiping it down daily. There is no need to wash the nebulizer tubing, as only purified air flows through it.
- Depending on use, the disposable nebulizer will last at least 15 days or probably longer. Adequate washing also tends to prolong nebulizer life. We encourage you to have an additional nebulizer always at hand since it is disposable. The Drive Nebulizer can be washed and used for up to one year by cleaning the parts in a dishwasher.
How To Clean the Compressor?
- Unplug the power cord from the wall socket with the power switch in the "off" spot.
- Remove dust with a damp cloth from the outside of the compressor cabinet every few days.
- Do not immerse the compressor in water as it will harm the compressor.