Adult Nebulizer Masks
Adult nebulizer masks are a vital part of nebulizer accessories since they allow you to absorb medicated mist without having to constantly cup your lips around a mouthpiece, which can be difficult for some people. These masks provide more comfort and allow you to relax during your care.
Nebulizer masks can make receiving aerosol prescriptions more effective. The nebulizer mask helps the patient to directly relieve the passageways and lungs by inhaling the aerosol spray through the nose and mouth. The majority of nebulizer masks are made of vinyl and are reasonably priced. They normally have a hose adapter in the front and are designed for adults.
- Adult Aerosol Mask with Nebulizer Kit$5.29
- Nebulizer kit includes nebulizer mouthpiece and tubing
- Philips Respironics InnoSpire Go LiteTouch MaskStarting at$11.00
For use with InnoSpire Go portable mesh nebulizer *sold separately*Learn More about Philips Respironics InnoSpire Go LiteTouch Mask
- Philips Respironics SideStream Plus Adult Mask$5.75
- SideStream mask is used with SideStream PLUS high-efficiency nebulizers.
- For ages six and up.
- Easy to wash.
- Replacement Adult Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer$5.00
Adult Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh NebulizerLearn More about Replacement Adult Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer
How to take a treatment using the adult nebulizer mask?
Secure the mask to your forehead so that it covers both your nose and lips. An elastic band should be used to attach the mask to the head.
To begin the mist, turn on the compressor. The head should be kept in a straight position and the nebulizer placed on a flat surface. This places the nebulizer in the proper spot and opens the airway.
Ensure that you are breathing deeply during the procedure.
The solution will decrease to the point that it can be misted if you touch the side of the nebulizer every now and then.
Continue the procedure until you hear the start of sputtering, or notice inconsistent nebulization.
Do you need a prescription for an adult nebulizer mask?
A prescription by a doctor or another healthcare provider is usually needed for a nebulizer and the medicine it uses. A nebulizer machine can be purchased without a prescription online, but the drug would almost certainly need to be prescribed by a doctor.
Adult Nebulizer Mask Tips
- Wash your hands and face not only before but after using the mask also.
- Wash the mask before using it for the first time.
- Store the mask properly so that it doesn’t catch dust and other infections.
- If your mask is dirty, do not use it.
- If your mask has tears, holes, or is worn, sprung, or soiled beyond help, it’s time to replace it.
- You can make adjustments to your mask’s fitting for proper therapy.
- Do not talk during therapy.
- Check whether the mask is leaking or not.