Nebulizer Face Masks
Nebulizer face masks cover the user's nose to mouth and direct vaporized medicine into the airway. The mask is connected to the tubing, which is then connected to the nebulizer compressor assembly. Some masks are sold separately, while others are packaged with a nebulizer. Other required materials, such as tubing and a medicine cup, are included in the packages. Masks are available in adult and pediatric sizes for the best fit and results.
- Philips Respironics SideStream Reusable Pediatric Aerosol Mask$3.49
- Features a swivel connection for allowing more movement
- Helps increase medication efficiency
- Adjustable elastic strap for the head
- Easy to clean for reuse
- Philips Respironics InnoSpire Go LiteTouch MaskStarting at$11.00
For use with InnoSpire Go portable mesh nebulizer *sold separately*Learn More about Philips Respironics InnoSpire Go LiteTouch Mask
- Philips Respironics Tucker The Turtle Reusable Pediatric Aerosol MaskSpecial Price $1.80 Regular Price $2.23Temporary price reductionSave 19%
- Reduces aerosol deposition in and around the eyes.
- Soft, flexible material provides better fit and patient comfort.
- Character faces appeal to children and support compliance.
- Tucker characterized by a permanent, waterproof sticker; built on time-tested SideStream technology.
- Sami characterized by whiskers and colorful eye stickers; partners exclusively with SideStream Plus nebulizer.
- Philips Respironics SideStream Plus Adult Mask$5.75
- SideStream mask is used with SideStream PLUS high-efficiency nebulizers.
- For ages six and up.
- Easy to wash.
- Drive Medical Pediatric Aerosol Mask$5.95 As low as $4.85
Pediatric Aerosol Mask by Drive Medical for use with most CompressorsLearn More about Drive Medical Pediatric Aerosol Mask
- Sidestream Nebulizer with Pediatric Mask Disposable$9.99
Ideal for use with Philips Respironics Sidestream nebulizers.Learn More about Sidestream Nebulizer with Pediatric Mask Disposable
- Adult Aerosol Mask with Nebulizer Kit$5.29
- Nebulizer kit includes nebulizer mouthpiece and tubing
- Replacement Adult Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer$5.00
Adult Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh NebulizerLearn More about Replacement Adult Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer
- Replacement Pediatric Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer$5.00
Replacement Pediatric Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh NebulizerLearn More about Replacement Pediatric Mask for Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer
What Is a Nebulizer Face Mask?
A nebulizer mask resembles and functions similarly to a standard oxygen mask used in hospitals. It protects the mouth and nose, unlike a mouthpiece, and is normally secured to the face with an elastic band.
Who needs a nebulizer face mask?
A nebulizer mask resembles and functions similarly to a standard oxygen mask used in hospitals. It protects the mouth and nose, unlike a mouthpiece, and is normally secured to the face with an elastic band. People with lung diseases such as asthma, COPD (chronics obstructive pulmonary disease), or cystic fibrosis often use nebulizer therapies.
What are the advantages of a nebulizer face mask?
Since it doesn't need to be kept in place like a mouthpiece, the elastic band that holds the mask in place makes it easier to use passively. This is particularly useful for people who are too frail or lack the dexterity to carry the mouthpiece.
Some people will like the mask because it helps them to have their hands free during the procedure.
Which medications can be taken using a nebulizer face mask?
Glucocorticoids, bronchodilators, antibiotics, and even pure saline, which is used to thin mucus secretions, are examples of drugs that can be nebulized. Albuterol and budesonide are two of the most widely used drugs.
Usually these drugs are too concentrated for your needs, so diluting them with sterile water decreases their strength to a safe amount. Please follow the doctor's instructions when diluting drugs. Drugs can also be used in a nebulizer to help break up mucus and clear up lung inflammation. Saline solution differs from drinking water because it contains sodium chloride. Individual vials and larger bottles of saline are available.
How do you use a nebulizer face mask?
Place the mask over your mouth and nose, and seal it with an elastic band comfortably.
Switch on the nebulizer.
During therapy, keep the head straight and take deep breaths in and out.
Switch off the nebulizer and remove the mask for cleaning as the nebulizer begins to sputter and the prescription runs out.