Sunset Healthcare Mini Portable Mesh Nebulizer
- Less than 0.25 pounds
- Suitable for both Children and Adults
- 90 Minute Battery
- Runs on USB or AA Batteries
Overview of Sunset Healthcare Mini Portable Mesh Nebulizer
The Mini Mesh Nebulizer from Sunset Healthcare Solutions is an ultrasonic mesh nebulizer. It is small and compact, weighing only a quarter of a pound, and provides fast, effective treatment for patients 5 years and older. It can be used either with the included mouthpiece or face mask assemblies and is whisper-quiet, allowing you to receive treatment wherever you are! The Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer runs on AA batteries or via the included USB power cord.
Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer Features
One of the unique features of this nebulizer is that the nebulizing mesh disk is integrated into the medicine cup, rather than the handheld portion of the device. This makes cleaning the mesh much easier - simply nebulize water through the device to remove any excess medication in the mesh. Then rinse the mouthpiece assembly with distilled water and allow it to dry completely. The mesh disk and mouthpiece assembly should also be disinfected on a regular basis (twice a week). To disinfect, simply boil the mouthpiece assembly in water for 10 minutes.
The Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer will complete most treatments in approximately 10 minutes. If treatment times take longer, it may be an indication that the medicine cup should be replaced. The mesh disc vibrates at a rate that produces smaller particles than most other nebulizers. This ensures that the medicine penetrates deeply into the lungs for effective respiratory therapy.
As previously mentioned, the Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer uses either AA batteries or USB power. The USB port is located on the bottom of the device and can be connected to any wall outlet. Make sure that the batteries are removed from the device prior to using the USB power. While the USB cord will power the device, it does not charge the batteries.
An indicator light on the front panel of the nebulizer alerts users to the current power status of the device. A solid green light indicates that the unit is powered and functioning properly. If the light is flashing orange, both batteries must be replaced. If there is no light, the device is either off or experiencing a malfunction. Make sure the batteries are new or the device is connected to a power source. If the problem persists, refer to the troubleshooting section of the user guide or contact our care team for assistance.
How is the Sunset Healthcare Mini Portable Mesh Nebulizer used?
Hold it in an upright position and submerge the mesh nebulizer in medicine and turn on the device. This allows the medicine to become aerosolized. Place the mouthpiece softly between the teeth and tightly seal your lips around it. When inhaling and exhaling through your mouth, be calm and relaxed. Inhale slowly and deeply to allow the aerosol to be properly deposited in the airway. Click the ON/OFF button to turn the unit off after the therapy is over.
How to Insert Batteries in Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer
- The batteries are placed beneath the device.
- By sliding in the direction of the arrow, remove the battery cover.
- Insert the batteries and slide the battery cover back into its original location (in the direction of the arrow).
- Battery life depends on the power of the batteries and their condition.
- In general, the unit works with new batteries for approximately 4 days, based on the daily use of 20 minutes of treatment or 90 continuous minutes.
Warning: Batteries must be replaced if the device is not used for an extended period. Failing to do so will cause battery leakage that may result in damage.
How to Connect the Power Adapter to the Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer
- Remove the batteries from the nebulizer. Use the USB cord. Insert the wide end of the USB cable into a source of USB power.
- At the bottom of the main unit, remove the USB power socket cover and insert the short USB cable end into the USB socket.
- Switch the power on and inhale.
- Note The USB cord powers the unit, but the batteries are not charged.
How to Assemble the Nebulizer and Fill the Medication Cup
Assembling the medication cup: Assemble the device by securing the medication cup securely to the main unit, ensuring that the inner latches are synchronized with the three locks.
Filling the Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer:
- Open the cover of the medication cup.
- Fill in the drug you have been prescribed. The overall capacity is 8 ml/cc.
- Replace the cover carefully until it is securely sealed with a 'click' sound.
- Now the nebulizer is ready for use.
Care & Cleaning
The Sunset Healthcare Mini Nebulizer should be cleaned prior to its first use, after each use, and after being removed from storage for periods longer than two weeks. To clean, fill the medicine cup with water and run for 1-2 minutes to remove any excess medication from the chamber. Next, remove the batteries or disconnect the device from any power source. Disassemble the mouthpiece assembly and medicine cup and rinse with distilled water. Let all pieces dry prior to reassembling. Avoid user’s cleaners with alcohol and do not poke the mesh disk with anything.
Wipe down the exterior of the device with moistened gauze and do not allow the electrodes to get wet. The Sunset Mini Mesh Nebulizer is not dishwasher or microwave safe.
The unit should be disinfected twice a week by bringing water to a boil and allowing the mouthpiece assembly, mesh disk, and medicine cup to soak for 10 minutes.
The Mini Mesh Nebulizer from Sunset Healthcare Solutions offers a one-year limited warranty against manufacturer defects.
How to Disinfect the Sunset Healthcare Mini Portable Mesh Nebulizer
- Push the release button of the medication cup and softly lift it up in the direction of the arrow to extract the medication cup from the main unit.
- Open the cap of the medicine cup, empty the drug, discard the remaining solution, and then close the cap.
- Cover the sterile water drug cup and nebulize it for 1-2 minutes to remove any remaining medication in the mesh holes. Immediately, physically examine the mesh openings.
- Switch the appliance off.
- From the main unit, take out the medicine cup.
- With distilled water, thoroughly clean the medicine cup (both inside and outside), mesh and mouthpiece. Scrub the cup and mouthpiece properly with distilled water using your clean fingers.
- Air-dry the cup, mesh, and mouthpiece of the drug or use a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Before you reinstall, ensure that all cleaned pieces are fully dried.
- Wipe the outside of the device with (moistened) gauze to disinfect it and the electrodes. Dry the main device using dry gauze.
- If you notice that there is some soiling or build-up on any of the pieces, repeat the cleaning steps.
- Find a safe, clean spot to store the unit.
- Caution - make sure to keep the compartment for the battery and power adapter dry at all times.
In the Box